Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Customer Service?

Briefly. A few weeks ago I set up the new office computer. This included hooking up the internet/phone/copy machine connections.

All went well. I did need to have Ricoh come and set up the copy machine for scanning to the computer. Called/explained/tech arrived less than an hour later/set up the scanner/ said, "have a good day. No muss no fuss and no bill.

Comcast phone service goes out. Call the 800 number and wait several minutes. After half an hour of "diagnosing" the phone tech said you need a new line splitter. I said, "fine - when can you come and install it?"  I am told that once installed the splitter is "mine" thus it will cost lots of money for them to come and replace it. He suggested I go to store and buy one and put it in myself. I did. $4.00 part.

But please explain Comcast's abundance of advertising featuring their excellent customer service and satisfaction.  Ricoh? Comcast?  Wish Ricoh was the internet provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment